Friday, April 22, 2011

Plasticine and Miss Pea

I haven’t connected with my friend Pea in quite some time. She’s becoming a primary school teacher and has been very busy being “Miss Pea the Student Teacher”. In honour of Earth Day, she recruited me to test her kids’ craft project. I am never one to say no to a craft project. But she didn’t mention it consisted of plasticine. I didn’t know it was still legal to produce it.

After our gossip catch-up over yummy sushi and desserts, we got into our eco-friendly-recycle-the-crap-in-your-house project. Testing the project for the kiddies was a good idea. We timed it. We critiqued it. We modified it. And then we streamlined it. We really got into it!! It’s what Pea and I do. We organize things – even kids' art projects!

As our one hour time limit was up, so went our art on the wall. Miss Pea gave us an A+!! So on this Earth Day, how about turning off the lights, lighting some candles and reuse your 90s cd cases.





Happy Earth Day mes amies!

xx,
mimi

1 comment:

  1. I actually had the kids sketch out what they wanted to do on a recycled piece of paper (the same size as the CD case) first. Then they used it as a reference when rolling out the plasticine on the "good copy". I also reused small glass containers as rolling pins to cover the entire background first.

    Project finished under an hour. They obviously didn't spend as much time on the details and textures as we did.

    Save all your old CD cases for me!!! xx

    ReplyDelete